Frequently asked questions

Back to homepage

Due to the regulations issued by RIVM and our Prime Minister about the Corona virus, Service Centrum Auteurs- en Naburige rechten has installed some measure.

Service Centrum Auteurs- en Naburige rechten will comply with the issued regulations and have asked their employees to work from home as much as possible.

Due to the above we could have less phone accessibility. We therefore kindly ask you to send us an e-mail. Please use to send your e-mail. We will answer your mail as quickly as possible but we kindly ask your understanding for any delays.

Delay payment:
We will grant you an extension of the payment term of 30 days.

Payment scheme (payment in tems):
You can request a payment scheme. Please send an e-mail to and mention the invoice number.

If you play music, you let someone else’s work/recording/performance be heard. Work from people such as lyricists, composers, musicians and producers. When music is used in public spaces such as a sales area, we speak of music being publicly performed. For this playing in public Sena and Buma ask on behalf of the makers of the music a fee in the form of a licence. It does not matter if the music is heard via the radio, a cd or a supplier of background music.

The use of the music, the visitor intensity of your organization, the extent to which the public has access and the surface area of the space(s) in which the music can be heard, are important factors that determine how much a licence costs.

Based on large-scale market research and the data received from the musical works broadcast on radio and television stations, Buma and Sena determine which numbers have been played. This music came into being through lyricists, composers, musicians and producers. They are the rightsholders of Buma and Sena. The fee is distributed among the rightsholders by Buma and Sena at the lowest possible cost.

There are people who make music and yet you will never hear a sound from them: music authors. Buma arranges  the copyright for them. That is the right to a fee for the composer, lyricist and music publisher when their musical work is played or performed in public. Sena arranges the so-called neighbouring rights. That is the right to a fee for musicians and/or producers when their music recording is played in public. Thanks to Sena and Buma everyone who was involved in the production of a musical work receives the fee that they have the right to. Via you easily arrange all necessary rights.

Co-operation between collecting societies means ease. A business that makes music public, now gets one single invoice instead of receiving two separate invoices from two collecting societies such as Sena and Buma. In addition to that, the licence is also registered in both collecting societies based on the same data. This means that the use of music is well-arranged in one go.

Music works as a supporting element in sales, contributes to creating the right ambience and to a positive experience of your business. The website gives entrepreneurs important information about the use of music in their business and presents for instance news, relevant research resultats and stories from fellow entrepreneurs about the value of music. The effect of this per branch is made clear. The knowledge platform Music Werkt (Music Works)emphasizes the added value of music for entrepreneurs and is an initiative of Sena and  Buma/Stemra.

Do you receive a number of invoices from Buma, Sena, Videma and/or Reprorecht? For example because you play music in different spaces? Then you can combine them in a joint invoice. Click here to apply for the joint invoice. 

If you would like to view or change your data, you can do this via My Account or by contacting us. For further information we refer you to our Privacy Statement.